A good thing about sweet potatoes is that they are nutritious as they give you vitamin C. You can store them for long without getting spoilt and they are very easy to cook. Lest you forget, sweet potatoes are very delicious. Do you know that you can bake sweet potatoes in an oven? Below are the guidelines on how to bake a sweet potato.
Ingredients of baking a sweet potato are only two and they are vegetable cooking oil and sweet potatoes.
• Baking tray – It will be used to place the sweet potatoes when you put them in the oven.
• Fork – It will be used to prick the sweet potatoes.
• Aluminum foil – It will be used to wrap the sweet potatoes as you put them in the oven.
• Knife – The knife will be used to check if the sweet potatoes are ready.
1. Pre- heat the oven up to 400 degrees. Wash the sweet potatoes well and dry them with a clean kitchen towel.
2. Prepare aluminum foil by cutting it into different squares that will wrap the number of sweet potatoes that you have.
3. Place each sweet potato in the foil and pour a small amount of cooking vegetable oil in each sweet potato. Use your hands to rub the oil over the potatoes.
4. Using a fork prick every sweet potato several times and wrap with the aluminum foil loosely. Make sure that each sweet potato is sealed well, place them on the baking tray and finally put them in the oven to bake.
5. It can take between 30 minutes to 1 hour to be done, that is depending on the number of sweet potatoes that you are baking. After 35 minutes check if they are done by squeezing one of the sweet potatoes, make sure that you have protected your hand and insert your knife in the potato. If they are done the knife should go through the sweet potato smoothly.
You can now enjoy your baked sweet potatoes and if they are any left you can easily sore them in the refrigerator to enjoy them later.